This newly created role presents a great opportunity for a recently graduated or developing communications specialist, with an interest in employee communications in particular, to join ASX's Media and Communications team during a time of growth, innovation and transformational
change at ASX.
The role will work closely with the Head of Internal Communications to support, develop, and deliver a range of internal communication campaigns and initiatives across various platforms and channels.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Head of Internal Communications and other internal stakeholders to support, develop, and deliver a range of internal communication campaigns and initiatives across various platforms and channels.
- Support the broader communication and strategy function with business and data analysis, and development of engaging material to reflect business financials and ASX's corporate narrative.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to provide editorial assistance, including drafting, reviewing, and publishing content for internal distribution (for example, executive presentations, internal newsletters, emails, intranet updates, and promotional materials).
- Develop high quality, engaging communication materials, including written, video and audio content.
- Provide communications support for ASX executives, business units, employee networking groups (ENGs), and internal events.
- Assist with the organising of and developing materials for ASX leadership offsites and strategy sessions.
- Help build and maintain new digital and social media communications platforms to promote ASX and employee achievements and developments.
- Help develop communication and engagement plans for key projects and business priorities.
- Monitor, analyse, and circulate employee feedback, insights, and benchmark measurements.
- Maintain and manage a comprehensive calendar of internal events and communication activities.
- Build relations with key internal stakeholders and influencers.
What you've done:
- Studied business communications or worked in a corporate affairs or internal communications function, preferably in the financial services industry with an understanding of markets and the regulatory environment.
- Achieved high proficiency in written and oral communications.
- Written and developed corporate communications materials, such as newsletters, announcements, social media posts, web content, flyers and brochures, and speeches for senior business figures.
- Developed visually engaging presentations, data analysis, and charting materials.
- Developed internal communications campaigns.
- Used social and digital media as a corporate communications tool.
And if you've got some of this, even better:
- The ability to think creatively, seek the engagement of staff at all levels throughout an organisation, resilience, and a commitment to achieving high quality results.
What you need to enjoy and be good at for this role:
- Linguistic, numeric, and financial literacy.
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to senior management.
- Strategic thinking.
- Dealing with a variety of day-to-day tasks and stakeholders.
- Turning jargon and complexity into plain and simple English, both written and spoken.
- Working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Persuading, influencing, and educating.
- Networking and developing business relationships, both internal and external.
- Trustworthiness and discretion, curiosity and creativity.
- A high-performance drive and commitment to get the job done.
- A willingness to learn.